Monday, September 30, 2019

Lighthouse of the Week, September 22-28, 2019: A lighthouse article


Well, I missed (by a couple of days), the lighthouse of the week for the designated weekly period.  So instead of a featured lighthouse, I'll feature an article about lighthouses from the Daily Mail.


From California to New Zealand via England, the world's most Instagrammable lighthouses in all their windswept beauty and grandeur

So I thought what I would do is check to see which lighthouses in the article I haven't featured yet, and feature one of those next week -- basically today as I write this.

So below I will list the lighthouses in the article I haven't featured as a Lighthouse of the Week to this point:


  • Heceta Head, Oregon (hard to believe that I haven't featured it, but it's so iconic that I've apparently avoided it)
  • Eldred Rock, Alaska
  • Nauset Light, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
  • Loggerhead Key, Florida
  • Cape Reinga, New Zealand
  • Point Loma, California
  • Point Pinos, California
  • Dyna Fyr, Sweden
  • Cape Otway, Australia
  • Burnham-on-Sea Low Lighthouse
  • Enoshima Sea Candle
  • Marshall Point, Port Clyde, Maine
  • Kjeungskjaer, Norway
  • Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, USA
  • Ploumanac'h, Brittany, France
  • Faro de Sergipe, Brazil
  • Lindau Harbor, Lake Constance, Germany 
  • Bell Rock, Scotland 
  • Saaremaa, Estonia  
  • Porthcawl, South Wales

That surprised me, I thought I would have found a few more of these.  So I'll feature a few in coming weeks.

Here's one picture of the Enoshima Sea Candle.















No comments: