Monday, October 4, 2010

World Series 2010 picks

I love the Rays, but I think they got unlucky to get the Rangers, with some question marks in their offense right now (Longoria's thigh, Pena's bat). If Lee pitches well -- Rangers in 5. God, I hate to write that.

Yankees and Twins: Morneau still out, questionable pitching on both sides, but Yanks have Sabathia. Yanks in 5.

Giants vs. Braves: Braves just barely made it (well, so did the Giants, but they've been building all year). Giants in 3.

Reds vs. Phillies: Toughest one to call, two really good teams. I want the Reds to win; I think the Phillies will win. Phillies in 4.

So that means ALCS Yanks vs. Rangers, and NLCS Giants vs. Phillies. Again, Rangers have Lee, and I think Hamilton will be fully back for this one. Pick: Rangers.

NLCS: Phillies vs. Giants - Phillies are loaded and peaking at the right time (again). Pick: Phillies.

Which brings us to a Phillies-Rangers World Series. And that's where I stop so I won't make a fool of myself until it happens, when neither of my two team picks ends up in it. I'm fully conscious of my prognisticatorial abilities!

No comments: