Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Without Googling, what country has the world's most avid coffee drinkers


OK, follow the rules.  Without using Google, think about where you think the most coffee is consumed per capita.  For those of you who haven't been exposed to that term, it means the most coffee per person.

I did think this through before reading the article, and I felt that Cuba might be the place, or potentially France.  On one of my two visits to France I was impressed by the availability of little pots of cafe au lait for breakfast everywhere.  But the French drink wine for dinner, not coffee.

So I also entertained that maybe one of the Latin American countries that produces coffee beans was also a big coffee consumer.  I went for Colombia.     So my top three would be Cuba, France, and Colombia.

Way, way off.

I should've gone with the theory that people drink the most coffee in colder regions that get cold and dark for extended months and long nights in the winter.  That should point you in the general direction of the right answer.  For the answer, click the link:  Where the world's biggest coffee drinkers live

I won't tell you the specific country, but the answer does explain this guy:


No comments: