Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Award-winning pano photos


I know that I have mentioned before that I have a fondness for photography contests.  (I haven't figured out where the awards for nude photography are located, though.) In lieu of nudes, I also have a great liking for nature and landscapes and scenic locations.  My ongoing "Lighthouse of the Week" feature here demonstrates that.

So I always like a good photo contest, and this one, which features panoramic photographs, is quite good.

From misty peaks in China to a rainbow over Arizona: The stunning winners of the panoramic photography awards revealed

The images in the Daily Mail article above are from the contest Web site;  it is officially the Epson International Pano Awards.  Let your eyes and mind appreciate the

2017 Winner's Gallery

This shot of one of the Italian Dolomites' most recognizable landmarks, Tre Cime Lavaredo, at night under the Milky Way, really appealed to me.  It helps that this is a location I viewed during the day -- but not this spectacularly.  (Click on it to make it bigger -- I wish I had it even bigger than this.)





No comments: