Wednesday, December 26, 2018

I've visited a few of the least-visited national parks


I found this Web article about the least-visited national parks of the United States. I've actually visited some of them:

- Denali
- Wind Cave
- Mammoth Cave (which I can't believe is one of our least-visited national parks)
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Great Sand Dunes
- Channel Islands  (by water, never actually set foot on them)

I don't have the equipment, stamina, or money to visit some of the super-remote parks of Alaska (like Gates of the Arctic or Katmai), nor do I want the mosquito bites.  Of this list, the two that I'd like to see that I haven't seen are North Cascades (which I've heard of before) and Pinnacles (which I had never heard of before reading this article).  Pinnacles should be possible to visit on a trip to San Francisco.

Here are two pictures from Pinnacles National Park, if you, dear reader, have never heard of it before either.






No comments: