Thursday, January 31, 2019

Sorry, but this bothers me


Usually, typos that are homonyms amuse me.  But there is won that I see time

and time
and time
and thyme
and time
and time

again, that just happens sew often, that I just can't take it anymore.

The homonym pair that drives me crazy?   Sea if you can figure it out:











This is from the Daily Male, which is no stranger to typos.  But the one shown above is one that is annoyingly commonplaice.   Everybody seams to think that the "peak" for "sneak peak" is correct because the last three letters are the same.

But that's wrong.

"Peak" is a mountaintop, or an ultimate experience.  "Peek" is a quick glance, sometimes furtively or cautiously.

(There's actually a third homonym -- pique -- but this one isn't a participant in the common misteak.)

Pleas get it write in the future, everybuddy.


No comments: