Sunday, May 23, 2021

Another tragic argument for gun control -- as well as self-control

 

This is a terrible tragedy.  And I can relate to it, because I have become angered at someone who does something rude and impolite in traffic. And it has cost me -- fortunately not lives or industry, but I was taught a lesson.  It is not worth it.

Clearly it was not worth it here.  But the other thing is, as I have noted before, and which has been noted in many studies and reports and observations -- having a gun is a temptation;  the temptation is to use it.  Not in self-defense, but in self-expression, and in self-justification.   And it is STUPID to do so.  The history of basic simple gun tragedies in domestic life is just this -- what could have been just a disagreement, some shouting, some hand-waving, becomes a fatality.

It's just not worth it.

Boy, 6, is shot and killed in car booster seat 'after his mother gave other driver the finger on California freeway for cutting her off'

As I write this, on Sunday, May 23rd, the shooter has not been apprehended.  I wonder what's going through his mind right now.


No comments: