Tuesday, January 31, 2023

This is enough

 

This article about Grant Wahl, the unfortunately recently deceased sportswriter, has a priceless quote about vaccine denialism -- and denialism of all kinds, for that matter.

Even though I'm featuring the quote, I recommend reading the entire article.


Grant Wahl Was a Loving Husband. I Will Always Protect His Legacy.

His wife is "an infectious disease physician and epidemiologist."

Here's the quote:

"The vaccine disinformation playbook includes the use of fake experts, logical fallacies, impossible expectations, cherry-picked data and conspiracy theories."

I know several people that I would like to lock in a room and play this quote repeatedly from the sound system, once a minute, until it drove them crazy. 

The problem with that idea is, most of them already act pretty crazy, and I'm fairly certain some of them are.


No comments: