Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Who's Joey Yung?

One of the biggest (if not the biggest) singing stars in Asia!

Now, if you don't understand the Chinese language, that probably wouldn't mean much. But hey, I don't understand Portuguese, and yet I still "get" Shakira. And even though I don't understand Chinese, I also still "get" Zhang Ziyi. (The subtitles in her movies help.)

Well, simply put, Joey Yung is a mega-singing superstar.

And... I brushed elbows with her (and a few members of her entourage) in the year 2000, when her star was just beginning its ascension. See, I got to enter China via Hong Kong for some energy consulting work; they still burn way too much coal, Mr. Lomborg! Well, when you stay in a big hotel, you never know who you're going to get on an elevator with. Now -- I'm pretty sure that at this moment in time, Joey Yung and her entourage don't let anybody they don't know on an elevator with them, but back then, timing was everything. And here I thought all those photographers and reporters in the lobby were waiting for me!

Joey's a looker, besides being a wonderful singer. I recommend YouTube to hear her voice (even better if you UNDERSTAND Chinese). But based on what I see below, I can "get" Joey Yung, too.

New album cover (released in September 2008):



















She's got a great smile:




















So you don't believe me that she's a major star?




















Glamourous "tough" rock-star shots:















Starlight 2008 concert: she had a lot of costume changes. To see them, go here: Joey Yung Starlight Concert 2008

No comments: