Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A sonnet for this late November - "the naturality"


Inspired by true events.



the naturality

Forbidden are my thoughts regarding her --
except that men do always think this way --
and social norms do not at all deter
a difference in both our times of day
for she is still alighted near the dawn
of her existence, while my life is in
its deep mid-afternoon, so like a faun
upon the fleshscape of a nymph, her skin
a realm of topophysical delight,
I dream of wandering across her slopes
and delving in her caves; although my right
of passage is prohibited, my hopes
thought lecherous, so my polite desire
can only keep the sights that I admire.


To fully understand this sonnet, it would help to be familiar with the animated movie set to classical music Allegro non Troppo.


No comments: