Saturday, May 2, 2020

What is the Benedict Arnold Memorial in Washington DC?


After watching Part II of the Washington bio-series on The History Channel, I wondered a bit more about Benedict Arnold.  The series dramatized the Arnold situation quite well, I thought, particularly doing a good job of describing what drove Arnold to his act of treason.

I also wondered if the monument to Arnold's leg at the Battle of Saratoga National Military Park could be seen with StreetView.  It can get close, but you can't see it.   While I was looking for that, I discovered that the city of Washington has a "Benedict Arnold Memorial", at least according to Google Maps.  (See here for the location.)

Here's the thing -- I cannot find any other info about it.  StreetView just shows a rather plain white house a short distance from Dupont Circle.  So, someday, I may have to go by there and figure out what's in it.

If anyone knows more, tell me all about it.


No comments: