Saturday, October 28, 2023

New falls - Nevele Falls

 

As I noted earlier, I've become acquainted with several waterfalls I never heard of before in the recent past. (And even more in the last couple of days!)  This is one of them.

It's really close to New York City, which is also a bit surprising.  Unusually, when you look it up on Google Maps, it's listed with both a Wawarsing and an Ellenville address, but it's closer to Ellenville.  It's roughly 80 miles from Central Park in Manhattan. It's just a bit south of the main part of the Catskill Mountains.

A couple of interesting things about this place. Nearby, there's an abandoned Borscht Belt resort, which closed in 2009.  And you might notice something about the name if you spell it backwards. There's a short story about that, but I'll let my dedicated readers (all dozen of them) figure that out.






No comments: