Monday, March 16, 2009

Dancing with the Stars, Week 2 summary (plus NCAA pool comment)

OK, so far I picked Melissa Rycroft and Shawn Johnson to be the top 2 wimmin, based on athleticism. The 24 and the 26 shows I'm on target. Amazing leg wraps by Melissa and Tony; still can't figger out that last move despite two slo-mo replays. Gilles and Cheryl are a point ahead tonight, can't tell if he has staying power. Probable double Steve drop-outs tomorrow.

Now, I don't do NCAA brackets, but I do follow the tournament. Because I follow what's happening in Baltimore, good to see Morgan State in this year, as I was pretty pleased University of Maryland - Baltimore County got in last year. (And last year University of Maryland - College Park, the Terps, DIDN'T go. But UMD is an entertaining bunch this year with one star and a bunch of role players, and that can go a certain distance.) It's a shame Stephen Curry's in the NIT, he's fun to watch.

I have one little idea to make the end of many games go a bit faster. Each time a team commits a defensive foul in the last two minutes they lose a timeout, first the full timeouts until they're used up, then the 30-second timeouts.

I'll be a bit more intellectual tomorrow. I promise.

No comments: