Sunday, June 21, 2009

Acronym hunting, part 1

When I log on to Blogger to post, I have to type something in the Google search box to get to the little "sign in" link. I've taken to typing in a random stretch of letters and then hitting "Search". You'd be amazed at what acronyms are in use today.

AAASA: South Australian Region of the Australian Alpaca Association

LPAA: either the Louisiana Property Assistance Association
or the Life Participation Approach to Aphasia

TCGA: The Cancer Genome Atlas

JJLA: John Jarrold Literary Agency

SSLA: Studies in Second Language Acquisition

HHIA: Hanford Health Information Archives
or Holly Hills Improvement Association

Now, I know hardly anyone reads my blog. But feel free to leave a comment if you come up with an unusual referent to a random acronym.

No comments: