Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quick hitter #1: Mary Wayte versus Kelly Packard

Well, it's not really a challenge. Previously when compiling my list of top ten best-looking world-class women's swimmers, I mentioned that Mary Wayte at her peak (in the 1990s) looked a lot like Baywatch-alum Kelly Packard. Well, I searched and searched and finally got the lightbulb to look on the International Swimming Hall of Fame site -- and I found one low-res picture indicative of how pretty Mary really was. See below. For comparison's sake, I've got a couple of Kelly. I wish (wish wish wish) there were a couple more of Wayte; she was in the public eye briefly after her swimming career, before there were screencaps and YouTube. I also always wished I'd had a chance to meet her when she was in the Maryland area for a short while, but I never did. Opportunities are like bubbles -- they don't last and they vanish in an instant.

Mary Wayte (in "Speedo" uniform)
















Kelly Packard (casual, and in "Baywatch" uniform)




















No comments: