Thursday, January 28, 2010

Serene (ah) vs. Justine in Australia

OK, I was watching live, and I thought Serena was T-O-A-S-T against Azarenka; to the point that I turned it off and did some other stuff for awhile. Imagine my surprise when I turned it back on and Serena had just won the second set tiebreak! I thought Serena was having both a bad day and was struggling with injuries; that's sure what it looked like.

Well, in any case, she won that match and then managed to beat her sister's downfall, Li Na, 7-6, 7-6; and then played doubles with Venus! She's tough.

On the other side, coming-back-from-retirement Justine Henin thrashed Jie Zheng 6-1, 6-0. So now it's Serena vs. Justine. What's really interesting is that despite the differences in playing style and size, their record against each other is 7-6, with Serena leading by one.

With Serena not 100%, and Justine just coming back, this final could be very close.

No comments: