Thursday, March 25, 2010

Obligatory NCAA March Madness comment 2010 (a little late)

I do like watching March Madness -- being fond of upsets in sports, I like what I'm seeing in this year's tournament thus far. Living in Maryland, I wish the Terrapins had beaten Michigan State, especially considering one of Michigan State's star players got hurt, meaning that they're unlikely to win it all (a healthy Maryland team, i.e., might have had a better chance against Kansas -- scratch that, Northern Iowa!)

Well, anyway, I'd like one of the teams I've listed below to win it all.

Butler (still in it with a stunning defeat of 'Cuse!)

Xavier (out, which is why I'm posting this late, but a heck of a battle)

Cornell (lost to powerful Kentucky, but they gave them a bit of a scare, didn't they?)

St. Mary's

Baylor

(St. Mary's and Baylor play each other, so one will get at least to the Elite 8)

Northern Iowa

I estimate the chances of this happening at around 1000/1.

No comments: