Thursday, December 16, 2010

This appears to be the year of Natalie Portman

OK, so Natalie Portman just got nominated for a Golden Globe for "Black Swan". That was pretty evidently a slam-dunk for awhile now. Next up, during the January graveyard shift, is "No Strings Attached" with Ashton Kutcher. Is it a sleeper or a clunker? We'll see. Now she's also got an article in Vogue (complete with video of the classy shoot), and I just found out that she's in the big-budget 3D comic book hero flick "Thor" (official trailer here) this summer. I've got a soft spot in my heart for the big blonde guy with the hammer because I've always been fascinated with the tragic nature of Norse Mythology (and Lester Del Rey's Day of the Giants is one of my
favorite short sci-fi novels, not only because the hero gets to get it on with a valkyrie, but that's a selling point).

Back to Portman. It also turns out (as I had to Googly inquire) that she's dating a blisteringly hot hunk ballet dancer, who acted as choreographer for "Black Swan", named Benjamin Millepied. I am 100% heterosexual, but I am also 100% aware that if I looked like Benjamin Millepied, I'd have to resort to Thor's hammer to beat the chicks off me. So things are definitely WORKING for Portman right now.

Speaking of which, here's the movie poster for "No Strings Attached". As noted here in an earlier post of mine, I am enamored of girls in shirts and little else, so as you might imagine, I find this poster rather appealing. (As I also noted, Portman is convincingly happy-passionate in the "No Strings Attached" trailer while engaging in coitus with Ashton Kutcher's character.)
























But... this following anticipates what I was thinking about "No Strings Attached" and its January release date, and indicates that it might possibly threaten Portman's Oscar run:


Could 'No Strings Attached' Be Natalie Portman's 'Norbit'?

No comments: