Sunday, May 31, 2015

Faves out at the French


I like Maria Sharapova a lot.  Let me repeat, a LOT.  And I admire Serena Willams for her sheer overwhelming dominant athleticism.  She's phenomenal, and she just keeps going and going and going...

However, I sorta wanted either Simona Halep or Caroline Wozniacki to win the French this year (or for that matter, any of the other Slam tourneys, but we haven't gotten to the Fortnight or the U.S. Open yet).  Not gonna happen, both of them got bounced.

So if I am to have someone to hope for, unlikely as it might be that they'll beat Maria or Serena, I'd have to go with Ana Ivanovic.   And I like her more now that I found out her boyfriend is German soccer defender with the amazing soccer defender name, Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Ana Ivanovic battles into French Open

Ivanovic in action.  Clearly an athlete. 

No comments: