Thursday, December 26, 2019

Still crazy after all these years


I admit, I was fascinated by this image (and the study that conceived it) when it first appeared.  It seemed to me that it was a probing study, delving deeply into an area that had not been adequately plumbed previously.  After I saw it and read about it, I felt that the researchers had fully penetrated the subject, putting it in an entirely new perspective, and thus they had thrust the field in an entirely new direction.  Certainly their novel approach stimulated discussion and interest, likely changed some hardened positions, and provided an opening for further insightful investigations.


BMJ reveals study of first MRI scan of a penis in a vagina is one of its most-downloaded articles EVER despite being medically unimportant 'because readers love free sex pictures'

Oh yeah, that too.

No comments: