Saturday, April 25, 2020

An impressive peak


The picture below showed up in my rotating screensavers, courtesy of Microsoft (I think).  I did not recognize this impressive peak.  Google Image Search was successful, though I had to look at a few other pictures to confirm the name.

Meet Bugaboo Spire in Bugaboo Provincial Park, British Columbia, Canada.















As one might easily expect, this is a popular challenge for rock wall face climbers.  In fact, the Google Map label says "Park known for its climbing mountains".  I was surprised at how close to the U.S. border it is, about a six-hour drive from Spokane.  And I suspect the scenery on that route is pretty spectacular.

I did a few StreetViews on the route to check if I'm right about that.

I'm right about that. 

And plus, if you turn right at Radium Hot Springs, that road will take you into the vicinity of the Matterhorn of the West, Mt. Assiniboine.

Geez, I have to get out more. 



No comments: