Saturday, April 25, 2020

Random search on Google


As I have mentioned before (though I'm not sure of the last time I mentioned it), sometimes to get to the Google page in the browser I type in a random string of letters resembling a word.  About 80% of the time it has an entry in the Urban Dictionary (and about 50% of those cause me to cringe in puritan horror).   The most recent time I did this, about two days ago, I typed in the following:

urgul

Now, I expected that I might end up with the name of an evil dwarf from the Nordic edddas, or perhaps a juvenile dragon from a fantasy video game.  And I was thankful that "urgul" didn't have an entry in the Urban Dictionary.   In fact, it turned out to be a place, also spelled "Urgull", actually and properly named Monte Urgull.

What it is:  a small coastal town in Spain, specifically "a hill by the ocean sitting at the heart of the Basque city of San Sebastián, Gipuzkoa, Spain",
quoted from Wikipedia.

Of course we want to know where it is. It's really close to the border of France. To see where, click here.

I searched for a beach view without many people, and below is what I found.  Monte Urgull is the hill on the right if you're facing the water (with the coastal homes and hotels behind you).  I think it will be to the left of the panorama if you haven't panned around yet, but I'm never sure if that's what my viewers will see.



No comments: