Monday, June 6, 2016

Lighthouse of the Week, June 5-11, 2016: Île Rouge, Quebec, Canada


I don't know if I have looked for a lighthouse in Quebec, Canada before;  I probably did, but I haven't had a chance to check back.  So I looked in Quebec again, and I found what is now an abandoned lighthouse in the middle of the lower St. Lawrence River -- Île Rouge (Red Island).

The problem with this lighthouse is that all but one of the pictures I could find of it are on this Web page at Lighthouse Friends about it:

Île Rouge (Red Island), PQ

According to the page, the lighthouse once was a place you could stay overnight and get dinner and breakfast.  But that ended and the lighthouse is now abandoned, but it is part of the Saguenay - St. Lawrence Marine Park.

So here's one picture from the Lighthouse Friends page and the other one I found that isn't.





No comments: