Friday, March 11, 2022

Call for volunteers!

 

Well, this is a subject I've been following closely for years.  Man may not step foot in Mars in my lifetime (thought I still strongly hope that somehow I'm around when that happens), but I'm fairly certain that this achievement will be achieved before this decade is out.

(Echo ... echo ... echo ...)

NASA admits it may be time to study sex in space as experts claim it's 'crucial' for long-haul missions to the Moon and Mars


Now, I've said this before:

"While people going to space for long-durations are currently professional astronauts, in the future it is likely ever more civilians, including couples, will venture into orbit.

Some of these will want to join the 62-mile-high club, especially if proposals for future space hotels come to fruition."
I'm going to have to read this proposal (published in the Journal of Sex Research, naturally.)  The link goes to the abstract;  I'm not sure if it's illustrated, and I'm not a subscriber -- I know, amazing, right?
"While there have been some minor studies on the ISS looking at sex among animals, there has been no detailed look at how humans might copulate in orbit, and it goes beyond that, there has been an active attempt to avoid the subject. 

 he team say that is changing though, with researcher and major space players starting to look at the subject, especially new private industry players. 

 Maria Santaguida, proposal for 'space sex study' co-author, said change is happening, and opening avenues for a proposal to study sex in space."

Despite all the potential dangers (really?), a weightless Kate Upton makes it seem that it certainly is worth taking the moon shot.



 














I mean, really -- all we need is a little Velcro in the right places.


No comments: