Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Katie Hoff, Kate Ziegler article pre-Pan Pacs

The Washington Post had an article today about the comebacks of Katie Hoff and Kate Ziegler prior to the Pan Pacific championships (which start on Wednesday, August 18, in Irvine, California):

Katie Hoff, Kate Ziegler begin comebacks at Pan Pacific Swimming Championships

OK, I wouldn't say they're beginning their comebacks at the Pan-Pacs. Getting there, for both of them, marks a comeback for each of them. (I tried to watch the results of the U.S. Championships, but I missed that Ziegler finished 2nd in the 800, getting her into the Pan-Pacs).

The article says that Ziegler is also in the 400, and the 1500. I'm not sure how the 400 works, considering she finished 5th. I'll have to look at the heats. Because it's not the Olympics, maybe they get more qualifiers (or have qualifying times)?

I will post each day's final results. (Whether or not anyone else cares.) Small prediction: Ryan Lochte is swimming so good that I think he'll get 3 golds. I also hope, but don't predict, that Dagny Knutson gets at least one.

Checked on Swimming World: a French lad came within whiskers of the world records in the 50 and 100 backstroke. We'll see who's where after the Pan-Pacs are done.


Pan-Pacific Swimming

No comments: