Saturday, February 18, 2012

It was me. I did it. I'm guilty. All my fault.

OK, I admit it now.  No point in keeping it a secret.  I'm the individual who had the brilliant wherewithal to pose as a Heartland Institute staff member and got another of the staff members to send me some very interesting documents, which I then forwarded to parties who'd be very interested in having them.

And now the Heartland Institute is trying to find me, and they want to ask me a lot of questions about who I am and why I did it.  They even claim that one of the documents in the set is fake, even though they could PROVE that simply by releasing the email with all the attachments that I received.  Because you see that if the document that they claim is fake wasn't part of that email, then it's clear that the document they say is fake is actually fake.

But of course they could fake the email by deleting the document that they claim is fake from the list of attachments.  And given how much they've misrepresented, distorted, cherry-picked, and skewed the debate about climate change by hiring and promoting charlatans who don't do science but merely redo it to suit their own interests, it's hard to see how they'd be very honest about something as important as that email message -- especially given how important public opinion is to them and their donors.

So come and get me.  I'm the one you're looking for, Heartland.  And there's a lot more like me.

(And in case you think I'm serious, it would be a good idea to consider the following movie excerpt.)


No comments: