Thursday, February 2, 2012

A movie I missed the first time

I caught Adventureland a couple of nights ago on cable.  I was surprised by this one, which I hadn't heard of when it came out.  Kristen Stewart played her teen angst role again, very similar in tone to Bella Swan (without the blood overtones), not showing the range I know she has, like playing Joan Jett, for example.  It was pretty good all around as a coming-of-age story, in which the coming-of-age character was played by Jesse Eisenberg in all his stutterish glory.   I think the outstanding marks go the supporting cast, such as Ryan Reynolds, Bill Hader, and Kristen Wiig.   And also a young gorgeous starlet about which I will write more in the next day or two.

Really got me that Adventureland scored 89% at RottenTomatoes.com.  But I agreed with that score.

No comments: