Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Please, Arrow, break the Summer streak


Yesterday I watched the new trailer for the next season of  Arrow.  To my horror, I spotted Summer Glau in it.  Now, I like Summer Glau.  She's hot, and she's a pretty decent actress.  But unfortunately, her TV series track record is a litany of short-term series.  Infamously, she was on the lost and much lamented Firefly and finished that off well in the movie Serenity. Then she  had a 31 episode run as a cyborg on The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which was a good show, and lasted two seasons.   She showed up in the last few episodes of Dollhouse.   She was an important character in the promising (at least I thought so) The Cape.  And she was in the last few episodes of Alphas, too.

Arrow did great for a super-hero series in its first year, but they killed off both the main villain and the hero's best friend.   And his Mom confessed to wrongdoing.  Very interesting to see where they'll go now, but the guy that is destined to play Robin to his Batman has not yet even drawn a bow yet.   So they probably still have a lot to do.   Let's hope that having Summer on the series doesn't mean that it's destined for a premature end.   The show (and Summer) deserve better than that.

And the more episodes of Arrow I get to watch, the more I get to watch Katie Cassidy and Emily Bett Rickards.  Which means I want it to run for a long time.

Arrow:  Season 2 trailer at Comic-Con

"If the show's ratings take a dive, I'm shooting Summer Glau first."






No comments: