Thursday, July 17, 2014

I like inspiration (and writing sonnets)


I wrote the sonnet below the picture inspired by and in tribure to the picture, and also because of my continuing platonic fascination and flirtation with the lovely owner of the subject of the picture. I hope she enjoys it.  I hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks again, Audrey.























Insta-thoughts inspired by an instagram


Recumbency - tho she is calm and still,
she is dynamically displayed, reclined
to her advantage, and she steels my will
with this magnificent array. Refined

to edges in the smoothness of her frame,
(and framed with neither face nor legs) my dreams
do glide and slide a single finger's flame
upon her tendinous confections, seams

of dedication and perfection, lined
and rippling 'neath her skin, below the treats
which commonly attract my eyes, inclined
as I admit, to busts and slits and seats;

She has all those, and yet they are much more
Because of the delightment of her core.



A couple of footnotes:

1. "tendinous intersections" are the tendons between the abdominal muscles.

2.  I was clever in line 3.



No comments: