Monday, July 21, 2014

I was thinking this, too


There's a Game of Thrones theory out there about the true parentage of Jon Snow.   I had this inkling at the end of last season.  Now, it isn't exactly what I was thinking, but I was pretty sure (minor spoiler here) that Jon is not the bastard son of Ned Stark, as has been stated.

So here's the theory:  Game of Thrones Fan Theory

Not to give too much away, because this is all researchable on the Internet, but they appear to have a pretty good idea of who his mother is (and Ned had it on his mind to tell Jon about his mother too, but he never did, yet it was clearly important to him).  The thing that is less certain is who the father is.  Because of how the character looks on the show, I was leaning toward the "B" camp.  But apparently the leading father theory gives Jon Snow some dragon blood.  But according to some other sources, there are timing problems with my theory.  And according to the books, as I've read, Jon looks like a Stark, enough at least.

(If you follow GoT, you'll know what all this means.)

I would think that either way this goes, Jon Snow is likely to come out of this smelling like roses (that's an inside joke, but only because I read it on these pages speculating about who his parents are).

He's been acting quite heroic, you know.




No comments: