Friday, June 8, 2018

Tennis - French Open 2018 Women's Final


As I write this, the French Open women's singles final is only hours away.  Simona Halep, who had a somewhat easier time to get here than I expected (even though her match with Muguruza featured an epic battle at 4 - 4 in the second) will be playing Sloane Stephens.

Last night, the Washington Capitals broke through their years of frustration to win a Stanley Cup (and I'll write a bit more on that later).  Simona now has a great chance for her own breakthrough in a Grand Slam tournament.

I watched the Capitals lift the Stanley Cup; I'd sure like to see Halep lift the Suzanne Lenglen Cup (or in its native French, the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen).

This is it:















We'll see how this reads after the match:

Halep "doesn't feel pressure" ahead of Stephens showdown


No comments: