Friday, April 24, 2009

Am I being serious?

OK, I've been trying out this blogging thing for several months now, and having fun with it. I have the freedom of virtual anonymity -- virtually nobody is reading what I write and post. And in fact, I haven't had a chance to fire off some of the many multitudes of thoughts into text that I want to (and I still plan t0). And I like pretty women.

So is there a point to what I'm doing beyond self-indulgence? I hope so. I am truly concerned about the future of the planet -- what's the point of leisure pursuits, like the time-honored male pastime of girl-watching, if the planet is headed for catastrophe? Or even if the planet is just headed for a future in which day-to-day existence is more difficult, a future in which our planet's incredible treasures of natural resources have been profoundly and irreversibly depleted, a future in which there is more internecine and inter-religious and international conflict, a future with too many people and too little water and barely enough food and an increasingly restive populace with too little that is envious of the too few that have too much?

So there's a lot more that I want to say. And there's a lot more I want to say that's serious. Most of what I have put up here isn't frivolous, it is serious -- but I like sharing the benefits of variety. Why should I care -- nobody is reading my blog! If I suddenly develop a devoted following, maybe I'd provide both more food for thought and more thoughts for food. Or something along those lines.

Anyhow, just to remind myself, here's some of what I still want to say:

  1. More on the prospects of famine and pestilence (umm, swine flu, anyone?)
  2. Whatever happened to Maria Grazia Cucinotta and Belinda Stronach?
  3. My musings on what I can say to children with a growing awareness of the world around them, while I feel I know too much about the world around them
  4. Observations on why female figure skaters are so darned good-looking and fit, both
  5. Baby steps toward world government
  6. Prospects of a realistic energy future
  7. More climate change gloom-and-doom, some of what I know too much about
  8. Occasional forays into minor sports news (and I must STILL state why I hate ESPN)
  9. Hottest love/sex scenes in movies, according to my personal criteria
  10. Scientific breakthroughs and scientific trivia, whichever I happen to notice first.

So I'm going to be serious. When I want to be. Because it's my blog and nobody else cares. But as long as there's a Google, people will know what I was thinking. And sometimes I was actually being serious.

Meanwhile, I just thought this was entertaining:
Connections between "House" and Holmes

No comments: