Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cheryl Cole: Hors catégorie

I really should devote myself more to the United States babe competition; the Daily Mail keeps providing timely and revealing updates of the Brit sector, particularly the WAG category.

Now, Cheryl Cole will soon be an ex-WAG, and I don't think she ever completely fit the classic WAG profile (which is to be mainly known for good looks). Cole, and a few others, are in the sub-category of talented WAGs -- and Cole (one wonders if she will go back to the less alliterative Cheryl Tweedy) is pretty talented. Because of the ability of electronics and amplification to make up for modest vocal chops, it's hard to tell exactly how talented, but suffice it to say that she sings good, dances really good, and looks extremely good while doing both.

All of which makes Derek Hough extremely lucky if reports are to be believed:

Cheryl Cole to move in with new beau (that would be Hough, pronounced "huff", so it don't rhyme)

Now, this particular post is about a clubbing night in Paris that the two went on; Cheryl was purebred knockout. Go to pics and article below.

Cheryl Cole steps out...

Link to my favorite pic of the stepping out (despite the unsightly background, which doesn't mean Derek, even though he's in the background, too)


This makes me ask: if Cheryl Cole and Derek Hough get on the dance floor together, isn't the proper thing to do to just get out of their way and watch?

I know I would.

-----
If I mention Derek Hough, I've got to check to see what's recently happening with his astonishing sister, Julianne. She showed up at the MTV Movie Awards in a LBD. The related article has lots of pictures of other stars, such as Scarlett Johansson. Click the little gallery link in the bottom left corner of her pictures to get pure Julianne.

I should note that she's just quite pretty here. When she's glammed up and wearing diaphanous tight dance outfits, she looks even better. Still my favorite: the Samba with Ohno. Wish I had this in high-def, because that is truly a backfield in motion.

Julianne's going to star in a remake of "Footloose". That might be good -- if she can act. We know she can dance.

She's also in a movie called "Burlesque", with Christina Aguilera, Kristin Bell, and Stanley Tucci.

And she has a new single out, which she says is "sexy".

She could read Ecclesiastes and be sexy.

No comments: