Monday, March 7, 2011

Phelps, Vonn have good weekend efforts

Michael Phelps won five in-the-middle-of-training races in the fast IUPUI (that's the Indiana University - Purdue University at Indianapolis) pool last weekend, including a win over Ryan Lochte in the 200 IM. (And I realize I never did note that a few months ago Lochte set the first post-supersuit era world record in the short course 400 IM).

'Confident' Phelps goes perfect in Indy


USA Swimming Grand Prix, Indianapolis: Michael Phelps Completes Five-For-Five Outing

(Meanwhile, back in Maryland, Elizabeth Pelton set an American record in the 200-YARD backstroke. Not meters!)

On the other side of the pond, golden girl Lindsey Vonn indicated she was over her concussion with three World Cup titles, via two second-place finishes in the downhill and super-combined, and she outright won the Super-G in Tarvisio, Italy. She's still got a chance at the overall World Cup championship.

Vonn completes dream weekend

Now, since I'm writing about Lindsey Vonn, I guess I'll just have to add a sexy picture of this skilled and sexy female athlete.

















Fooled you, didn't I? But if you want sexy, this bikini shot in the snow will suffice, I think.

If it doesn't, this should. (Moderate caution advised.)

No comments: