Sunday, June 5, 2011

L'affaire Cheryl drags on

Because of my deep and abiding admiration for Cheryl Cole (hey, I live in the U.S., I love her accent, and she's both cute and hot together -- when is that BAD?) I have been following the events surrounding her hiring, firing, and now re-hiring (at least it be offered) for the US X Factor with interest. I don't watch American Idol, I don't watch the Voice, I'd never watch America's Got Talent, but if Cheryl was on the U.S. X-Factor, I'd watch just to see what she was going to wear, and wish that she was whispering her Geordie accent into my ear on the pillow.

So it is with amazement that I read the reports that they've reoffered to hire her after she got kicked off the show after barely being on it. There's some indication that this just might be a ploy to save them money, but I hope she takes it, dresses like the thoroughbred she is, and shows the U.S. she's got star appeal.

And for Derek Hough's sake, I hope they let her date him again, too.

Cheryl Cole's American dream back on? Singer 'invited to rejoin X Factor USA'

And let me finish by saying that nobody should be treated in the shameful fashion that she's been treated, no matter if you can understand their accent or not.

No comments: