Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday 4fer part 1: Wales vs. France in rugby world cup semi

The movie "Invictus" made the rugby World Cup a little more accessible, even if it is more incomprehensible to watch than cricket. But anyway, while the England team faltered, the Wales team - I was a bit surprised that England and Wales fielded separate teams - is in the semifinals. With England out, the English are supporting the Welsh. Yay team.

After the shameful World Cup, England fans throw support behind Wales in France clash

That's right. Against France.

OK, I admit a cultural bias, but I never figured France was a place that would play world class rugby. Now I know different.

The match kicks off (or whatever they call it) in a couple of hours. I'll check back in tomorrow with the result.

No comments: