Saturday, August 10, 2013

Some observations about Natalia Vodianova and the Love Ball


Princess Charlene and Natalia Vodianova at the Love Ball in Monaco

I was stunned by a couple of things in the article linked above.  One, that I have not written any posts about Natalia Vodanova. Ever.  She's really good-looking, she's had no qualms about posing in the unclad (nude) mode, and she's also very successful, which means she's in a lot of different venues.  I thought I had posted about something she said about looking even prettier when she's pregnant, and how easy it is/was for her to get pregnant.  (I am thinking that it was not hard to want to get her pregnant, spouse-wise, but after their third kid she and her hubby and children's father broke up.  Not surprisingly, she's got a new, rich, boyfriend.)

OK, searching around, it wasn't that she was prettier when she was pregnant, it was because she got more like the glamor industry wanted after her first child, when she lost a lot of weight due to  child-rearing efforts (apparently). If she kept the breasts but lost the hips, I can see why she'd be more marketable. 


Natalia Vodianova credits career success to post-pregnancy weight loss

Here's more on her current activities:  Natalia Vodianova moves beyond the runway

Two, I was stunned how I missed that she's so popular that she's one of the world's highest-paid fashion models.  The Calvin Klein and Guerlain gigs surely helped.  But I haven't posted ANYTHING about one of the world's best-paid and best-looking women - more so because she looks like she does after THREE kids?  Wow.

So here's a selection.


















Yes, she really has three kids






















And three, I was stunned in this Daily Mail article about the Love Ball by how big Karl Lagerfeld's head is. He's got a large dish, and the way he dresses makes it look even larger, and the camera angle might have had something to do with it, but still, it's just outlandish.


No comments: