Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lighthouse of the Week, May 11-17, 2014


I found this week's lighthouse by trying a little Google image search.  I decided that I would post about the first named lighthouse I found when I searched on the phrase "purple lighthouse".   The first several images that were found were artworks, and there were a couple of unnamed ones.  The first one with a name that I found -- which happened to be totally unrelated to anything having to do with purple -- was the stunning North Head Lighthouse in Washington State.

Lighthouse Friends (a great Web site) has the history of the North Head Lighthouse.

Here is a spectacular shot from Flickr (from Lydia2222's favorites):

















As usual, here are a couple of other good ones.  This one shows the setting of the lighthouse on North Head, in Cape Disappointment State Park:

North Head Lighthouse, Cape Disappointment State Park

And this close-up is from the Lighthouse Guy:

North Head Light

This one's been photographed a LOT.  Have fun looking at some of them.

Leaving with this aerial view.





No comments: