Monday, November 13, 2017

It's almost time for Miss Universe (November 26)


Occasionally in the past I have taken a few looks at the contestants in the Miss Universe contest.  As one might expect, they are generally and uniformly fantastic looking women.  And despite the ethnic variety involved for women from around the world, it's hard to prefer one gorgeous example of femininehood over another.  

I.e., they're all pretty hot.

But this year I have a favorite.  My favorite is Miss Iceland, who has a back story.  But first, here she is:

























Her name is Arna Ýr Jónsdóttir, and her back story is that she relinquished a previous beauty queen title when the organizers wanted her to lose weight.  Seriously, what were they thinking?

Yes, I follow her on Instagram.

What's interesting is that she said she wouldn't compete in another pageant after her experience with the previous one. But she set her sights a little higher, and she's in the big one now.

I wish her well, and I just don't want Brazil to win it again.  (Kinda like the World Cup.)

OK, I know what some of you are thinking.  Yes, she took a stand, and she competed again, and that's all good, but does she have what it takes to win Miss Universe? 

She doesn't have to have a talent in the Miss Universe contest, she just has to look good.  And as the picture above shows, she's really beautiful.  But there is one other aspect to these contests.  And I'm sure most of  you know what that is.





Yeah, that's what it is.

She can win it.



No comments: