Monday, March 12, 2018

I'd carry a couple of these


After there were several terrorist attacks in which the primary weapon was a vehicle, and as they took place by targeting large crowds, and this mainly happened in Europe, I decided that if I travel to Europe again in the summer, I'm bringing a couple of items that can puncture car tires.

Just in case.

So I read this article in the Daily Mail about a device that can do the same thing.

Could this device prevent future terror attacks? CatClaw gives cars that mount kerbs FLAT TYRES by puncturing them with a sharp steel spike

Apparently it's not quite ready for wide sales yet.  But if I can't get that, I could get these.


















They're called caltrops.  They are what police use to stop cars involved in vehicle pursuits.

And they are easy to buy.  I'd be useless with a gun, and I don't want one, but if there was a vehicle attacking a crowd and I had these, I'd try to puncture the vehicle's tires with them.  Because vehicles don't drive very far or very fast on flat tires.

Get yours here. (You can get them a lot of different places.)

ASR Tactical Laser Etched Road Stars - Tire Puncturing Personal Security Device

No comments: