Sunday, August 25, 2019

A sonnet, and my new venue


I started posting sonnets on Instagram, with a backdrop. A couple of them I'd already posted here, a couple I haven't.  I was/am hoping that they will get noticed there.  So far, not so much.

Anyway, here's my most recent one.  It's untitled (so far). Any ideas?

First the sonnet, then what I posted on Instagram.


Stark black does lack the subtleties of dark-
ness; for if darkness is not uniform
and pure as blackness, lacking e'en a mark
of any color save for black, no warm-
ing hues or even scales of grey to break
its bleak and featureless totality,
then darkness must have light, and we can take
some comfort from the sight that purity
of blackness is quite rare, and light pervades
in nearly ev'ry darkful night across
this world. Thus so if clever light invades
its realm of animosity, the loss
is gain of luminosity, and black
can be defeated with a glimm'ring crack.





No comments: