Friday, July 31, 2020

An occasional feature - pretty girls. Number one of a series


I've discovered a new diversion that I can pursue for a few minutes of each day.  The diversion is looking at pictures of pretty girls on Instagram.

There are many of them, it seems.  And as far as I can tell, more than half of them are from Australia, based on an unscientific evaluation.

My first one, however, is not.  Her name is Ashley Smouter, and I discovered her maybe a week or so ago.   She's a model (many of those in the "pretty girl" category are models, fitness bloggers, "public figures", and the occasional actress/entertainer/swimwear designer/college student (possible all of the above).

The funny thing about Ashley, who has a more-than-passing resemblance to the young Ashley Judd, is that after I had perused her Instagram offerings, she showed up in a New York Times article about the black-and-white "challenge" that was featuring black-and-white portraiture of many women.  Ashley (Smouter) was the picture at the top of the article  (this article).

You can see the same picture in her Instagram account.

So, I'll now select and display three pictures of pretty girl #1, Ashley Smouter.  I should note that she's pretty enough to have been invited to Elton John's Oscar party, based on one picture in the Instagram portfolio.  It may be a boyfriend connection.













No comments: