Sunday, March 14, 2021

Highway 41 goes into Wisconsin

 

Sorry for my delay ... I am impatient too.  Blogging has been pushed down the priority list due to other events and activities.  It's amazing how quickly the first three days of the work week go.  Seems like all my jobs want to schedule their meetings on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  And I try to keep up with current issues and scientific progress.  Also watching Iceland to see if that earthquake swarm (and it's a heck of a swarm, as we watch a dike emplacement in real time).  So much to keep track of.  So it goes, I guess.

This has slowed down the Highway 41 end-to-end Streetview trek.  My goal this week will be three posts on the trek, counting this one.   This one is rather short, but I have a special feature planned, very soon; maybe even the next installment of the trek.


As best I can tell, this Weigh Station exit is on the Illinois/Wisconsin state line.




On the other side of the highway, going southbound, there's a "Welcome to Illinois" sign. Why isn't there a "Welcome to Wisconsin" sign on the northbound side?




So the first indication of actually being in Wisconsin is the sign for the village of Pleasant Prairie.




There it is! The "Wisconsin Welcomes You" sign! Why did they wait so long? Did they want to know we were committed to entering Wisconsin?



Stay in touch. There will be cheese. SERIOUS cheese.

No comments: