Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How lucky is THIS?!

I stared watching the first episodes of "The Borgias", and noted the beauty, both clothed and unclothed, of Lotte Verbeek (who plays Pope Alexander VI's concubine Giulia Farnese). Farnese was a Renaissance looker; Verbeek is a modern-day looker.


Giulia Farnese
(left), Lotte Verbeek (right)





















Giulia kept getting her portrait painted with a unicorn. I think that's pretty extraordinary because those things are NOT easy to find! Maybe there were more running around Renaissance Rome.

And I say lucky because Verbeek (not Farnese) is the next subject of Esquire's Me in My Place feature with celebrities in their places. Now, because the first installment of this feature was sizzling hot with Sarah Shahi, Verbeek, though fetching, comes off a bit demurely. I could have used a few less shots with the T-shirt and a few more with the negligee. But I know this is supposed to be casual time at home, so I get it. I just want more.

Lotte Verbeek (IMDb)

Lotte Verbeek in Her Place

No comments: