Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Serious words about serious risk

Dr. Kerry Emanuel is one of my favorites.  For one thing he professes to be a Republican scientist who knows the reality of climate change.  For two things he doesn't like fellow faculty member Dr. Richard Lindzen very much.   For three things, he has repeatedly laid it on the line regarding what the facts are regarding what we could be up against (humanity wise) with respect to climate change.

Here's an interview where he lays it on the line and makes it clear where we stand.  GREAT quote.

Climate change and the body politic

What they [scientists in the field] say they are quite certain of is this: Society is running a risk.

“I can say that my field is almost unanimous in saying that we are facing serious risk,” is the way Dr. Emanuel put it to me. “Things could turn out to be fine — I hope they do. But there’s no evidence at all that would support an assertion that we’re not facing serious risk at this point.”
I wonder how the morons like Morano spun that.

No comments: