Thursday, April 19, 2012

Exactly what I was thinking


I had a lot of thoughts about the ridiculous letter that 49 people from NASA, including arch-denier and deeply idiocy-inflicted Harrison Schmitt, wrote to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden.  But before I had a chance to say anything, I found this well-written response, which did it very well.


Attacks on climate science by former NASA staff shouldn't be taken seriously

Even though I recommend reading this stunningly accurate putdown in its entirety, I have to reiterate its take-away summary:
"On the one hand we have a bunch of former administrators, astronauts, and engineers who between them have zero climate expertise and zero climate science publications.
On the other hand we have the climate scientists at NASA GISS who between them have decades, perhaps even centuries of combined professional climate research experience, and hundreds, perhaps even thousands of peer-reviewed climate science publications."
Read the comments if you want, but it's not necessary.

No comments: