Thursday, July 19, 2012

Haven't looked at cricket for awhile


I went sort of off-track in trying to keep up some with world-class cricket, but the fact that England is playing a 3-match Test series with South Africa, which is a #1 vs. #2 in the Test cricket world, caught my eye.  According to the first day report, England started a bit shaky but batsman Alistair Cook -- an English name if I ever saw one -- made a century, which certainly helps.  This Test series is taking place in England.  I tend to think that they'll lose a little coverage when the Olympics get started, but not everyone can be in London.

England does well on first day of first Test v. South Africa

Kevin Pietersen only made 42.  Looks like Stuart Broad is back for England; I wonder if he's close to top form.




No comments: