Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Murray wins the U.S. Open, and I get another prediction right

He made me wait, and wait, and wait... and wait some more... but Andy Murray finally came through for my 2012 prediction.


I noted when I tweeted the above that I hadn't seen the 54 shot rally in the first set tiebreak, and hoped it would be online soon.   Well, it was.



The 54-shot rally in the 1st set tiebreak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mvSSbrJWk
(only got the last 45 shots, though ;-)

The whole thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBJibzLSyk

With Nadal likely to always face physical struggles, given the way he plays, and Federer very, very slowly dropping from his unbelievable level of excellence, I think we're going to see some really fine battles in the Slam events next year.  Now that he's won one Slam, can Murray achieve the ultimate victory for an Englishman/Scotsman - a win at Wimbledon?   He proved he can win at Centre Court when he won the Olympics.  So he's got the game.  He just needs the opportunity again.

No comments: