Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Notable football mark


I'm not a big fan of football - but I do keep track of it.  So I'm happy when my hometown Ravens (actually my hometown team was the Colts, but the Ravens play in my hometown now) do well.  And I always admire athletic excellence.  So I thought it worth noting (as did others) when Ed Reed intercepted a pass in the regular season's first game and returned it for a touchdown, and set a mark for yards gained after interceptions, that it was a pretty remarkable achievement.

Certainly the fact that NFL offenses pass much more than they used to was and is a factor, but you still have to catch the ball and then run with it after you catch it.  Reed as done both, frequently, and well.

Ed Reed's pick six return, and return yards mark



No comments: