Thursday, September 20, 2012

The historical virtue of the Web


A few posts ago I made a small verbal joke about Erin Heatherton and Joey Heatherton, the former a current Victoria's Secret model and Leo DiCaprio's girl of the moment, and the latter a sexpot actress / singer (a really good one) who was a variety show favorite.  Joey did Bob Hope, Dean Martin, Johnny Carson, many others, with a little girl voice, usually playing a curvaceous ingenue seemingly unaware of her magnetic mesmerization of men.

Here's an example of her singing:  "Someone to Watch Over Me".  It doesn't have the go-go dancing she was also famous for -- and she was a great dancer, too.  

The Web allows us glimpses of past history like this -- even clips back to when Joey Heatherton was a teenager.  Even a decade ago we couldn't find what we can find now.  Which is pretty amazing.

Which brings me to the real subject of this post -- Joey Heatherton's appearance in Playboy.  Well, I heard about it, but I missed the issue (slightly before my eligibility to see the mags).  And thus for years and years and years I thought that I had missed seeing the lovely Miss Heatherton, who I had found entertaining and mesmerizing, see above -- unveiled.  (Or as in the case of some of these pictures, partially veiled.) 

And then, after my mention of her, I realized that the pictures from her appearance of Playboy were likely to be on the Web.  Actually, I realized that her pictures from Playboy were undoubtedly on the Web.

So I looked for them.  And so I found them.  And suffice it to say, she was curvaceous and lovely, with, without mincing words, fabulous breasts.   My imagination couldn't make her (or them) better than they were.

So thank you, Web.  For giving us a chance to revisit history, in all its forms.

(Now, if you think I'm going to put some of those pictures here, nope.  I've been relatively circumspect about that which I actually provide here.  But I will provide a link (definitely needing care when clicking on it), and the advice that searching for "Joey Heatherton" + nude + Playboy will provide everything that I found.  And I also found out she made a topless appearance in a movie with Richard Burton, too.  Quick research indicated that the movie wasn't too great.  But she was topless. )

Favorite black-and-white

Favorite color


I'm also going to mention that a couple of these pictures revealed she had pubic hair (most girls do, you know).  I eventually am going to write my tribute to the lost beauty of pubic hair.  But I need a lot of time to compose it.

1 comment:

An Appreciation of Joey Heatherton said...

A most talented lady - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECsomK1Iek